Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Edge of Falling


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are excited about. 

This week I picked:

The Edge of Falling

By Rebecca Serle

Publication date: March 18, 2014



From Goodreads:

Growing up in privileged, Manhattan social circles, Caggie’s life should be perfect, and it almost was until the day that her younger sister drowned when Caggie was supposed to be watching her. Stricken by grief, Caggie pulls away from her friends and family, only to have everyone misinterpret a crucial moment when she supposedly saves a fellow classmate from suicide. Now she’s famous for something she didn’t do and everyone lauds her as a hero. But inside she still blames herself for the death of her sister and continues to pull away from everything in her life, best friend and perfect boyfriend included. Then Caggie meets Astor, the new boy at school, about whom rumours are swirling and known facts are few. In Astor she finds someone who just might understand her pain, because he has an inner pain of his own. But the more Caggie pulls away from her former life to be with Astor, the more she realises that his pain might be darker, and deeper, than anything she’s ever felt. His pain might be enough to end his life…and Caggie’s as well.


What do you think of the blurb? Sounds pretty interesting to me. What's your WOW?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like Caggie might have to make a choice. Interesting synopsis, this would be my first book by RS if I read it. Have you read anything by her before? This week my wow pick is an NA novel written by Erin McCarthy which I'm rather looking forward to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by her before. Looking toward to it though! I don't think I have read anything by EM. I'll have to look her up. Happy reading :)

      Thank you for checking out my WoW!

      Delete
  2. Awesome choice, I'll be sure to add it to my TBR list. ;D

    By the way, we are giving away a SIGNED copy of Frozen by Melissa De La Cruz & Michael Johnston! Make sure to stop by and enter! :)

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog :) I'll have to go check out that giveaway!

      Delete
  3. This book sounds pretty interesting and I'm starting to see it around a lot more. I love the cover. Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too! Thanks for checking my WoW :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The cover is what caught my attention first! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete